Confidence is key when placing a catheter. Now you can reach for an Abbott catheter with the confidence that it was designed with you in mind.
Our catheters were developed with an advanced design.
- Sharper needle1 reduces tissue trauma and pain2
- Bevel up orientation guided by touch
- Transparent catheter hub to confirm proper placement
- Eco-friendly packaging with 20% less plastic3 (based on weight only)
- Our Peripheral Catheters were designed with a special touch. Yours.
- The shape makes it sharper than Terumo Surflo® and BD Insyte.™ 1
- Peripheral Catheter Needle Sharpness: Penetration Testing & Microscopy Studies.
Winged Infusion Sets
Our Winged Infusion Sets (WIS) allow easy venous access during short, everyday procedures. They are available in four gauge sizes with attached twelve-inch tubing.
WIS from Abbott Animal Health have multiple clinical uses, including
- Blood draws
- Delivery of I.V. fluids
- Delivery of injectable drugs or other medications such as atropine
- Venous access during anesthesia
Abbott Animal Health designed the WIS to be a cost-effective way to have venous access during anesthetic procedures when indwelling catheters are not used. Their benefits, however, go beyond cost and include:
- Versatility and efficiency, with multiple clinical uses for one device
- Less restraint and less preparation for insertion, as compared to indwelling catheters, reduces stress on the patient when rapidly delivering fluids or medication intravenously
- Dependable venous access allowing the staff to be proactive versus reactive in an emergency situation
- Supplied by Abbott Animal Health who supports a portfolio of products for veterinary use only
Catheter Insertion Techniques
The following instructional videos demonstrate the proper way to insert a variety of catheters into canines and felines.
2 Comparison of penetration force and catheter tip damage of intravenous catheters among different catheter tip designs. Suzuki T, Fukuyama H, Nishiyama J, Oda M, Takahashi M. Circ Cont, 24 : 39-45, 2003.
3 Compared to Terumo Surflo. ® Data available by request.
Surflo® is a registered trademark of Terumo Medical Corporation.
BD Insyte™ is a trademark of Becton, Dickinson and Company.