Same trusted brand for more than 10 years… with a 28-day shelf life.*
Benefits of PropoFlo™28 (propofol):
- Gives dogs the smooth, rapid inductions and recoveries veterinarians have come to expect from propofol
- Has a familiar milky white appearance, allowing for easy visual identification
- Does not produce local tissue reaction with perivascular administration
- Dose to effect
- An induction range of 3.2 mg/kg to 7.6 mg/kg over 60 to 90 seconds
- 28-day shelf life helps reduce anesthetic waste
- Store at room temperature for added convenience*Once broached, use within 28 days
Every anesthesia product from Abbott Animal Health is backed by the product support your practice deserves.
Learn more. Contact Abbott Animal Health Customer Service at 888-299-7416.
PropoFlo™ 28 Day Shelf Life
PropoFlo™28 (propoflo) & PropoFlo™ (propofol) Dosing Guidelines
For the Full PropoFlo™ 28 Package Insert click here
For the PropoFlo™ 28 Package Insert click here
Please see the Materials Safety Data Sheet for more information.
PropoFlo™ 28 is an intravenous anesthetic injection for use in dogs for induction and maintenance of general anesthesia by intermittent bolus injections for short procedures and induction where maintenance is provided by inhalant anesthetics.
Important PropoFlo Risk Information
Warnings, Precautions, and Contraindications:
When using propofol, dogs should be continuously monitored and facilities for the maintenance of a patent airway, artificial ventilation, and oxygen supplementation must be immediately available. PropoFlo™ 28 is contraindicated in dogs with a known hypersensitivity to propofol or its components, or when general anesthesia or sedation are contraindicated. To avoid microbial overgrowth, the contents must be used within 28 days (4 weeks) of the date opened. Failure to follow aseptic handling procedures may result in microbial contamination causing fever, infection/sepsis, and/or other life threatening illness. Do not use if contamination is suspected. Careful monitoring of the patient is necessary when using propofol as a maintenance anesthetic due to the possibility of rapid arousal.
Adverse Reactions: The primary side effect of propofol is respiratory depression as evidenced by tachypnea and apnea.
The primary side effect of propofol is respiratory depression as evidenced by tachypnea and apnea.
PropoFlo™ 28 is supplied in cartons of five-20 mL (200 mg per vial) vials containing 10 mg propofol per mL.
iHerb for New YorkersFrank
- Selling products with some coupons
- Pampering New Yorkers by showcasing beauty products and purchasing it with some coupons
- iHerb products available for the New York market
Discount shopping can happen everywhere, even if you’re selling specialized products like food supplements. People would opt for cheaper means to purchase an item. It has some downsides at times owing to the quality of these products. But that’s not the case with iHerb.
iHerb from time to time release coupons so that their patrons can purchase products at a lesser price. And iHerb coupons are everywhere. In fact, there’s an iHerb coupon for people who live in New York.
But why New York, of all places? For one, New York is one of the most populated cities in the world. And with that in mind, there are a lot of potential buyers out there for your food supplements and beauty products, two of the items that are in-demand in New York. So if there’s an iHerb coupon for people who live in New York, that only show’s that iHerb’s business in there is doing good.
You really have to give some discounts to a bunch of people who patronize your products that much, such as in the case of New Yorkers who are so are a fan of food supplements and beauty care products.
So iHerb finds it a necessity to have an iHerb coupon for people who live in New York because the demand is so high, what with a lot of New Yorkers who are so self-conscious about body weights, body figures and all that. It is not surprising, nonetheless, to sell in New York with some coupons along the way.
And besides, beauty care products are selling like hot cakes on the streets of Manhattan, and what better way to increase your chances of selling that much if you include an iHerb coupon for people who live in New York.
Fluid Therapy Instructional Videos
Watch the video below to learn more about catheter insertion techniques:
The Importance of AnesthesiaFrank
Anesthesia is the process of blocking the perception of pain and other sensations. It allows patients to undergo surgery and other procedures without the distress and pain they would otherwise experience. The choice of anesthetic technique is a complex one, and the best approach involves individual assessment of the patient and the procedure in order to plan the anesthetic event.
Abbott Animal Health offers a variety of anesthetic products to support the veterinary professional in achieving balanced anesthesia, optimizing the anesthetic experience, and maximizing the quality of recovery.
SevoFlo (sevoflurane) is indicated for induction and maintenance of general anesthesia in dogs. Sevoflurane, the latest inhalant in veterinary anesthesia, has low blood: gas solubility and a greater range of vaporizer settings giving you rapid, precise control over the depth of anesthesia. In addition, SevoFlo doesn’t irritate airways.
You and your clients can expect a smooth return of patients’ cognitive and motor skills and a quick return home.
The SevoFlo Difference
SevoFlo includes four unique benefits that make it a smart choice for your practice:
- SevoFlo contains a minimum of 300 ppm water. SevoFlo’s high water content can effectively inhibit the degradation of sevoflurane by Lewis acids. This degradation can result in by-products (such as hydrogen fluoride) which may damage equipment, including certain types of vaporizers.
- SevoFlo is packaged in shatter-resistant plastic polyethylene naphthalate (PEN) bottles. Unlike glass bottles, PEN bottles are shatter-resistant and do not contain Lewis acids.
- SevoFlo has local representatives and expert advice. Count on our local veterinary practice consultants for product support and advice. Also, our technical support department, veterinary liaisons and panel of anesthesiologists are standing by to help and advise regarding techniques, products and equipment.
- Abbott Animal Health, provider of SevoFlo, is committed to training and education. Rely on Abbott for in-clinic training and educational materials and sponsorship of CE events to help you provide the best possible care. We even offer online CE-accredited educational modules at www.AbbottAnimalHealthCE.com
When choosing an anesthetic, ask yourself if you’re currently getting all the benefits SevoFlo delivers.
Download the full Prescribing Information for detailed dosage guidelines, warnings, side effects, precautions, and contraindications.
Most Common Adverse Reactions:
The most frequently reported adverse reactions during maintenance anesthesia were hypotension, followed by tachypnea, muscle tenseness, excitation, apnea, muscle fasciculations and emesis.
SevoFlo is contraindicated in dogs with a known sensitivity to SevoFlo or other halogenated agents.
- Like other inhalation anesthetics, SevoFlo is a profound respiratory depressant.
- Respiration must be monitored closely in the dog and supported when necessary with supplemental oxygen and/or assisted ventilation.
- Due to SevoFlo’s low solubility in blood, increasing the concentration may result in rapid hemodynamic changes compared to other volatile anesthetics.
- Potassium hydroxide containing CO2 absorbents (e.g., BARALYME®) are not recommended for use with sevoflurane.